Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Design Wall Today


Today I'm working on a quilt for Melanie in Ohio. She wants a 72" x 84" quilt to hang in her foyer that goes with her abstract rug and a custom painted ceiling. She emailed me some photos of the space. I mailed her a pile of possible fabric swatches and she chose her favorites including abstract prints, batiks, a few modern prints, and some solids. This quilt contains all of them. 
**
I'm in the process of sewing the horizontal rows to each other. That's why there's a white space in the middle, but that will be closed up. And there will be a 6" outer border. Her inspiration was my Serendipity quilt. It looks so much different done all in solids vs. prints, doesn't it? 
**
Back to the sewing machine. We have new snow and ice. Perfect for quilting!

1 comment:

June Calender said...

I was just reading a summer issue of Quilter's Newsletter with a retrospective article about the quilts they've shown. There was an illustration from a 1971 QN with a quilt very much like this one. What's old is often new in the quilt world.