Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Selvage Blocks in Quiltmaker Magazine!

Take a look at the new issue of Quiltmaker magazine to see the selvage version of the quilt featured on the cover. (It's on page 54.) Mark Lipinski designed the quilt on the cover, and I was asked by Quiltmaker to make a selvage version.

I was delighted to discover how quick and easy it is to make flying geese blocks with selvages. It's one of those projects that looks challenging, but is surprisingly simple! And I love how it came out! They also included a review of "Quilts from the Selvage Edge."

Thank you to my friend Linda Lasco (Senior Editor at AQS) who alerted me to the arrival of this issue on the stands. She is "up to the minute" when it comes to quilts!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have that issue and yes seems pretty easy, I am saving my selvedges to mail out to someone.. dunno who yet.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Can you show the project on your blog? I quit buying quilting magazines in 1998 :)

You are a devil woman...I can no long just whip out some fabric and cut it, I first have to check the selvage and see if it has good stuff! I'm accumulating a very small but quality pile!
Sharyn/KalamaQuilts

GailM. said...

That is so cool. I'm glad I came across your blog. I am saving selveges for somebody, but had no idea what they would do with them. I love the bag I saw at the ricrak blog. I think I'll make a simple table runner... Thanks for the great idea...I can't wait to pick up a copy of the magazine. Also, I see you are in good company, I see Bonnie Hunter is in this issue... I love her quiltville.com website and her blog too...

Chris Dahl said...

Karen how exciting for you! And for the selvage collectors out there. Me included. =)

I would love to see the quilt on your blog if you would be so kind.

I too have been trying to cut costs on magazine subscriptions. I have way too many magazines and books, need to make room for fabric! LOL

Selvage Quilter said...

I saw the magazine today and was disappointed that they didn't include the "how-to" photos. Just a few photos and the "a-ha!" moment comes pretty fast.

As soon as the next issue of Quiltmaker magazine comes out, I'll post the how-to stuff here on the blog.

I think Bonnie Hunter is great too. Quilters ARE pretty cool!