Friday, August 24, 2012

Williamsburg Style Christmas Wall Quilt


This little quilt (22" x 25") was made to order for a customer in my Etsy store. She liked a small pineapple quilt that is listed there, but she wanted green rather than navy. She's planning a Williamsburg style Christmas decoration theme. I like this color combination too. The light fabric is a French calligraphy print. I like to use high contrast fabrics for pineapple quilts to make the points really stand out. Pineapples are easy; maybe I should write up a pattern while I remember how to do it. Haha. Happy quilting.



3 comments:

Ellen in Oregon said...

I would love to see how you crafted your beautiful pineapple. I have always been drawn to the design, but most patterns are too complicated and call for special rulers. If your pattern is something you would care to offer a tutorial on, I would be very happy to learn how to make an uncomplicated pineapple block. Pleeeeaaassssseeee!!! nuf said.

KeyQuilter said...

Sounds good to me, too! I've seen several ways, also, to make pineapples. The only method I've actually tried is the Square in a Square method by Jodi Barrows.
Love that wordy print!

Whitelily said...

I would love to learn this block pattern too! Very simple but so elegant! Beautiful work! Is it paper pieced? Donna