Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jodie Carleton's Selvage Parasol!


As you know, Jodie Carleton of Ballarat, Australia is passionate about selvages. She is the creator of that amazing selvage dress that I keep on the sidebar to inspire us (at right). This photo is her latest big selvage project, a selvage parasol!

She has written a hilarious post about the siren call of selvages, even when we have other pressing items on our "to-do" list. Boy, do I know exactly what she is talking about! Take a look at this post: http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/11/with-inner-fortitude-of-marshmallow.html
You'll be surprised to read what she thinks about this parasol project. See: http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/11/tweaking-hell.html

7 comments:

Millie said...

Now THAT'S the project to end all projects! Love it, love it, love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I read her blog and she never fails to make me laugh. Terrific sense of humor and even more wonderful user of selvedges!

lissa said...

Oh My! That has got to be the most incredible thing I have seen. -modalissa

Anett said...

Thanks for the link.

It is very intresting to read her blog.

Greetings Anett

stufenzumgericht said...

Adorable, can't imagine, how to create such a wonderful "parasol".
Together with the phantastic dress, people will stop when meeting the artist!!!
Greetings from Germany, where winter came back, yesterday :-(
Yours, Martina

ritasmeeta said...

oh WOW!
I found your blog through a link on Cuteable, and I'm so glad I did! Now I don't feel so bad about keeping every little scrap of fabric- totally inspirational! hahah ;)

Vals Quilting said...

WOW that parasol is absolutely gorgeous, amazing work!
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/