Thursday, January 17, 2013

Knitted Wigs?


Louise Walker is a photographer and knitter in London. And yes, these are knitted wigs! You can see more on her blog: Sincerely Louise. Sometimes I'm glad my DH doesn't read my blog. He would just shake his head. Haha!

The faux fox stole (below) can be seen in Louise's Etsy store.

 I think I'll email Louise right now and ask her where she gets her inspiration. How she fills her creative tank. 

UPDATE: Here's what she said:
I think the ideas I have for everything I knit comes from the making side of it. I think I'm most creative when I'm hands on, after looking into what I want to make and then just running with it! And if it looks a little odd loving it anyway! 



7 comments:

Susan said...

I'm not sure I could go for those wigs, but that knitted fox sure beats the real one my mom wore back in the 50s. :)

Brenda said...

great wigs! they would be perfect for the frigid weather where I live, because I would have good hair even with a hat!

dstarck said...

Would love to see her work, but your link to Sincerely Louise goes to alzquilts.org...

Leila said...

You find the funnest things!

I recently used my selvages to make a Christmas pillow. Here is the link if you want to check it out. (it is at the bottom of the post) I made it for a swap, but I am going to have to make myself one too. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://sewnbyleila.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-traditions.html

Selvage Quilter said...

Thank you, dstarck. I fixed the link to the blog.

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

Love that foxy scarf. She'll be lucky if this post doesn't cause a thousand people to order one!

Unknown said...

Truly amazing wigs and what a piece of art . I really loved it though I've been wearing wigs for a very long time and prefer to buy it online from this store of Elevate Styles. I would like to have one.