Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Carla Barrett's Selvage Bowls

Take a look at this awesome selvage bowl by Carla Barrett. Try and "click to enlarge," and see her black thread zig-zagging. Carla plans to embellish this, but I have no idea how she'll do that. I like it "as is."
See her blog at: http://www.featheredfibers.wordpress.com/. (This link has been corrected.)
-
See Kathi Price's selvage bowls today too. (Below)
-
Also see the Charm Girl Quilt Show photos posted today in the next 6 posts.
-
Eight posts in one day - I didn't really mean to make this an April Fool's Day event, but maybe it is!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great idea using the black zigzag! I agree, Karen, no embellishments even needed.

Bridget said...

I am wondering if you should check the link. I ended up on a page that said there is no such place. Love the bowl!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the link needs http:// instead of www.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Karen. I enlarged the picture and realized I need to trim a few threads!! LOL

Yes, the link doesn't have "www" in the address.

Wait til you see my next selvage project! LOL Carla