Friday, May 21, 2010

Selvage Postcard from the Yukon Territory!

This postcard was made by Janet in the Yukon Territory and she mailed it to me! It arrived just fine, Janet. Even the stamp is still attached. The postmark says "Whitehorse, YT." Wow, something from the wild Northern frontier in my little hands. Thank you very much.
.
Janet won a package of selvages from me a while back and she used some for this, her second selvage project. Her first project was a postcard for her sister, made from the selvages of old fabric their mother had before she died 8 years ago. Isn't that a sweet idea? Now Janet's planning her next selvage project, a quilt. I can't wait to see it.
.
Sometimes when I tell people I graduated from U Conn, they say "Way up there? Wasn't it cold?" "Not too bad," I say. "You get used to it." Haha. Yeah, I'm pretty rugged.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Our Hands For Hope said...

Like I didn't have enough things to save....because of you I can never throw ANY piece of fabric away now! What's a girl to do? I can't create fast enough....
Terisa

LisaG said...

You know it's bad when you start choosing fabric for your next project based on the selvage print!!!

Unknown said...

Love the card! and the story!

Kim said...

I love getting surprises like that......and thanks for sharing the back story.

Happy Sewinggal