Monday, June 6, 2016

Amber Studios - Eco Fashion, Wedding Coat


Amber Studios is all about art, fantasy and sustainability. Barbara creates stunning sweater coats, scarves, bags and home decor from recycled high-end collected materials. Her styles include Steampunk, Woodland, Gypsy, Fairy Tale and more. See them all here. This sought-after designer takes custom orders on Etsy and ships worldwide (from New Jersey, USA). She provides directions for taking your measurements, listens to your likes and dislikes, and then she creates the outfit of your dreams. Barbara is friendly and easy to deal with. I recently met her and viewed some of her recent creations. They are even more beautiful in person than in the photos. This white coat (which would be perfect for an outdoor wedding) is one of my favorites. But I have a lot of favorites!



I also love the scarves and bags from Amber Studios. The intricate surface detailing is over the top.




Although Barbara lives 40 minutes from New York City, her house is located at the edge of the woods. These photos were taken in her beautiful backyard.
 New York City is a rich source for collecting fibers and embellishments. She says upcycling is a way of honoring the past and creating a new garment with a new story. 
Bravo, Barbara! 



3 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my! Breathtaking!

Unknown said...

Karen, thank you for featuring my work, for kind words and encouragement! Barbara, Amber studios

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have some of her marvelous clothes pinned in my "Want These" group!