Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kathi Price Sews While Others Sleep!

Kathi Price of Frisco, TX is already hard at work making wonderful Christmas stockings! Like Rumplestilskin, she is sewing while others are sleeping, or are on summer vacation. She has a nice collection of new Christmas fabrics too. Light colors and lots of words.

These stockings are so cheerful. Kathi really knows how to "put it all together." I like how she sort of framed the peppermint flower above with the turquoise selvages.

See stocking #2 below:

Below, see the tape that says "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?" That's perfect in a selvage arrangement, don't you think?

These two stockings make a great pair. Thanks for the inspiration, Kathi!

There are lots of ways you can see what Kathi's making, and contact her. Visit:

6 comments:

Millie said...

those are so sweet! What a great way to incorporate the selvages!

Wendy said...

These really are sweet! And I'm all for getting ready for the holidays early!

Greenmare said...

totally cute!!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

I love Kathi's stockings. Since I posted on my blog that I won your Selvage book. I have received many emails from friends asking if I want them to keep the selvages for me. Of course I told them YES PLEASE!

Selvage Quilter said...

Notjustnat,
I think you should get some big storage boxes so you'll be ready when all those selvages start coming in!
Karen

Carrie P. said...

Sweet! Selvages go any where.