Sunday, January 4, 2009

Miniature Quilt Cabinets by Cindi Hatch


Cindi Hatch made these beautiful cabinets for her friends. Here's the story in her own words:
"After I painted these, I sanded down some edges and antiqued them. I wanted a vintage look. Then I cut small pieces of cardboard and wrapped fabric around them to look like little bolts of fabric. I fan-folded fabric to put on the shelves. I didn't take time to put batting in them...I was in a hurry! Then I folded little squares of fabric and made miniature fat quarter bundles, and tied string around them. Instead of being miniature quilt cabinets...I guess mine are more like quilt store cabinets! I used hot glue to secure everything down. Anyway....here are the pictures. Thanks again for the idea. I had a lot of fun making them...and my quilting friends LOVED them!!"
Cindi lives in Utah and is the mother of 5 grown sons. She used to design quilt patterns for Tenderberry Stitches. Great job, Cindi! Now I'm inspired to do a more interesting paint job on mine.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am loving these miniature quilt cabinets. However I was just informed that my Michael's no longer carries them... :(

Cindi said...

Hi Jessica,
That's too bad about your Michael's store. I had to pick through what few were left to find a couple of good ones at mine. I was told that they are a standard inventory item, and they would be getting more in after the first of the year. I sure hope the cashier who told me was correct...I'd like to do more. They were priced right at Michael's, too! I wonder if they, or something similar, can be found elsewhere?

Cindi said...

Hey Karen...
Thanks for sharing my cabinets on your blog. If you hadn't given is all the idea first, I would never have done them! Your post before Christmas came just at the right time...when I needed a fast, easy & CUTE idea for some gifts! Thanks again!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I bought 5 of the cabinets at my Michael's store on Christmas Eve... haven't had time to do anything with them yet.

Claudine said...

Very cute ideas, and what a fun and unique way to decorate a sewing room!

Chris said...

Oh my gosh!! These are the cutest cabinets ever!! And what a very clever way to decorate them Cindi!! You are so talented!! I would have never thought to make the fabric pieces look like bolts of material. And the little fat quarter bundles are just as cute as they can be!! Such a darling idea I would love to have both of them for my sewing room!!
Chris
www.curbyscloset.com