Saturday, January 17, 2009

Selvagey Basket Block

Brenda of Manitoba, Canada made this artistic and charming string block. While it's not a selvage block, it is definitely selvagey.

There is so much that I love about this piece! The writing on the basket fabrics interests me, especially my old favorite, "Run, Dick, run." The strings look nice ararnged on an angle. And that splash of color is perfect, near all those neutrals. The black and white bias handle has an appropriately woven look. And the background is quiet, but interesting; a little askew like the basket. I bet Brenda threw this together intuitively, and it's just right!

See more of her work at www.scrapsandstrings.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Love your work, Brenda!! After checking out your blog, I must say, you are one busy girl with lots of great ideas!!