Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Two New Ideas from June Calender

June Calender of New York City is busy making selvage postcards. This project was inspired by a postcard that she received from Sam Farman of Perth, Australia. (Sam and her selvage postcards have been featured here on the Selvage Blog.)

First, June tried weaving her polka dot selvages (new idea #1). Next, she arranged her selvavges horizontally. Finally, she put a fabric with a picture on it in the center, then surrounded it with selvages (new idea #2, not shown). I think that's a great idea for a selvage quilt. My log cabin has solid red center squares, but I like the idea of using novelty prints in that spot. Thanks, June.

Visit June Calender's blog: http://www.calenderpages.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I just found your blog through Marys' Stash quilts. She had a link to your red quilt. Anyway, I love the concept but am wondering. Do we used the quarter inch seam on the salvage edge of the salvage. or just top stitch it down. Anyway thanks for the heads up on the magazine. I am going to look for it.