Thursday, February 4, 2010

Darlene Sforza's Purple Zinger!


Darlene Sforza of O'Fallon, MO made this Purple Zinger quilt. Isn't it a beauty? The selvages look like jewels set on a purple background, if you squint a little. I like the bits of lime green, blue and red that sparkle. The lighter purple inner border is nice too. And the fancy feather quilting...she's had her longarm for only 3 months! There's a lot to like about this quilt! Great job, Darlene!
*
This Purple Zinger will be on exhibit at the Bits 'N Pieces Quilt Guild's "Fanfare of Quilts" show on March 20-21 in St. Louis, MO.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the purple zinger.....I have got to get started on mine!!

FabricFascination said...

Lovely!

I made some selvage fabric today and will be posting a link to your blog, which provides wonderful inspiration. Thanks!

Joanne Lendaro said...

WOW!! What a beautiful quilt!!

patty a. said...

The purple zinger rocks!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I LOVE THIS!!! And I can't get over how gorgeous all the selvage projects are over in your side column, everythign is just amazing!! And it makes me groan just thinking of all those selvages I have tossed over the years.

Susan said...

Beautiful!!!

Cindy said...

I got to see the quilt "in person" and it's just beautiful. Darlene did such a great job on the quilting too. Awesome!