Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Photo Contest


My mom and I are in a camera club together. At the meeting last night, my photo "Fisher Towers, Utah" was awarded a 9 (the highest possible score). If Mom sends me her cactus photo, I'll show you. That one got a 9 also, but neither of us won "Print of the Month." We had dinner at Panera with another member. It's fun to go out and play with my Mom.

Thanks for all the comments about steam ironing vs. dry. Lots of good thoughts. My non-quilting sister was impressed that we all had so much to say about steam. Haha.

6 comments:

reddquilter said...

Beautiful! Love Mt. Peale peaking behind!

patty a. said...

Beautiful photo! I love cactus plants so I will be looking forward to seeing your Mother's photo.

Nedra said...

Your photo makes me miss my Utah! Lovely shot of Moab. And with a name like Cactus Needle, I'm especially looking forward to seeing your moms shot of a cactus :)

FlourishingPalms said...

Oooo! Congratulations on your #9 score! It's a gorgeous photo.

sallgood said...

Love the layering and contrast!

Di said...

That's a spectacular photo, Karen! I can see why it scored so highly. Great work!