Thursday, November 10, 2016

Modern Selvage Quilt from C & T

When I made the quilts for my book "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" (AQS 2008) I tried to come up with a selvage version of many classic quilt categories including: log cabin, tree of life, Amish style, silk cigar ribbon quilts, stars, optical illusions, and so on. This courthouse steps quilt from C&T takes care of the modern quilt category! It looks like a maze, or interrupted concentric squares. Very nice!
This photo was posted to Pinterest by C & T Publishing.

3 comments:

June Calender said...

I think seeing this quilt again has just given me the answer to a "problem" (I should say "challenge") I have for a modern quilt that uses some traditional fabrics. Actually, instead of selvages I have 4 inch strips of scrap fabrics, and, in fact, had purchased a plain blue for whatever design I would chose. Thanks-- so many ideas have been going around in my mind and none quite as satisfying as this design. (I have the book but hadn't gone to it.)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wonderful...I love creating with selvages!

Carolyn

FlourishingPalms said...

Gosh, is this ever pretty. That aqua solid really sets off the design of the selvages. Great job!