Thursday, November 16, 2017

New African Clergy Stole


Today I cut into my latest Etsy purchase of African fabrics. I buy from sources in the US and Africa. I used to make quilts with these fabrics, but now I use them mostly for clergy stoles. When you view a whole yard, the bright bold designs can be overwhelming. But when cut up and blended together in a stole or a quilt, I think the result is beautiful.

See the listing for this stole in my Etsy shop.
(Clergy stoles are worn by many ordained Protestant ministers.)





5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That one is a beauty! I agree, you just need to cut into them

Sara said...

That is really gorgeous! The fabrics work perfectly in the stole.

Selvage Quilter said...

Thanks Wanda and Sara,

There's so much fun to be had with fabric. It's good to have a hobby that we can take into our 90's! Unlike soccer for example. :) Are we smart or what?

Dar said...

That is a particularly striking stole. The other good thing is you can get more instant gratification of a "finish" with a clergy stole vs. a large quilt. lol

CassWms said...

lONG AFTER THE FACT - BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD FIND SOMETHING LIKE THIS.