Monday, June 3, 2019

Irish Wedding Quilt


We are attending the wedding of Colin and Colleen this weekend. Colin is my "almost nephew." I've been friends with his Mom since she was born. She's only three years younger than me, but I have a good memory. And she had red hair which I had never seen before, so there's that. 

I just finished this quilt for them today. It measures 72" square. A classic string quilt design, it has lots of hidden treasures such as peanuts, goldfish, a sock monkey, an owl, and lots more. Over the years maybe family members will have fun searching for little surprises in this quilt top.
This quilt was machine pieced and machine quilted (free motion stippling, and a curly vine in the white sashing). The backing is white with a tiny green design. The batting is Warm and White.

This couple will live in Boston. Thier wedding invitation had an Irish vibe so I went with the same idea with green prints and shamrocks. I hope they use it up and wear it out. :)




6 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out lovely! A nice Irish vibe to it for sure! I am making a wedding quilt right now too. Almost finished; just needs to be bound and a label attached. I used 90 different prints and I tried to stay away from novelty fabrics, but I was running out of options in my stash so flamingos and minions found there way into the quilt. LOL!!!

Selvage Quilter said...

Oh Patty, that quilt sounds nice.
Good to hear from you.
Karen

June Calender said...

Distracted lately and haven't checked out your blog for a while. The Irish quilt
has to be a labor of love! Wow, they'll love it.
I'm checking out how far away
Great Barrington is and wondering about seeing the show. Congratulations!!
I've just started another "Gems on Point" -- made one a few years ago. Friends
give me their selvages and they've added up.

JoAnne in southern California said...

It's beautiful! The quilt will bring so many hours of enjoyment, such an excellent idea!

Candyce Herr said...


It's a game plan to earn a fast dollar. This was fried. It is the manageable process I use. Fundamentally, that's right. I'm a self-proclaimed Keto Advanced Fat Burner guru. These are good styles. That is worth a fortune. It is classified information. At the very least, that should be a warning to anybody considering Keto Advanced Fat Burner. We're not volunteering for that position.


Keto Advanced Fat Burner

Candyce Herr said...


I have a feeling. This is a full scale thing however, that's what you're looking for. This column is simply meant to lay the framework first. This isn't recommended to attempt both at the same time. In my opinion, after you're finished reading this, you'll know precisely how to do this with Keto Advanced Fat Burner.


Keto Advanced
Keto Advanced Weight Loss