Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sea Glass Quilt Pattern!


"Sea Glass" is a fusible applique quilt that measures 36" x 54." I just finished the "Sea Glass" pattern yesterday. I did a Google search of "sea glass" to get ideas before making this quilt and I saw photos of an amazing beach in California that's loaded with this stuff. It's called Glass Beach near Ft. Bragg. Apparently the locals used the beach as a dump in the 1940's (I know!) and now it's all nicely tumbled. Visitors like to take bags of it home with them. Scroll down to see a photo of it.



Glass Beach, Ft. Bragg, California. Read more here.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Love it! Did you sew down the "glass" pieces or just fuse them?

Selvage Quilter said...

I just fused them, but the quilting helps too.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

How cool! From trash comes treasure!

Sherrill said...

I was actually there a few years ago and picked up some of the smooth, rounded glass pieces to bring home with me as a souvenir. Have it in a little corked bottle. Love the pattern!