Friday, August 8, 2008

"Come Quilt With Me" Tumbler Template

One of my favorite quilt show vendors is Pat Yamin of "Come Quilt With Me." (She is also a founding member of my guild, Empire Quilters in Manhattan, and an AQS author.) I made this quilt for Pat using her new tumbler template. The template is about 7 inches tall and if you ask, she'll include the pattern that I wrote for this quilt.

Look for Pat at the AQS Quilt Show in Nashville this month. Her booth will be right across from the AQS booth. Stop and say hi. She will have this tumbler quilt on display.

The photo in the middle shows how you can add interest to a selvage quilt by including images like the gingerbread men and cupcakes. In the bottom photo, notice how the white dots on black add sparkle. That is not even a selvage; it's just a strip of fabric, folded along the bottom edge!

1 comment:

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

I love "come quilt with me"
I am using their Fun Patch Template for another quilt.
.. .I just started saving selvages..
I can't wait to make something.