Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Selvage Pot-holders for My Sister Lynne





I made these 4 pot-holders for my sister Lynne yesterday. She will definitely be surprised because her birthday was in May! The backing fabrics by Martha Negley are just right, I think. I love black and white striped binding on selvage quilts. The loops were crocheted with acrylic yarn.
When we were little, my sisters and I used to make each other gifts for Christmas and birthdays, so this project made me smile. Lynne is a great cook, so I hope she uses these up!
(Click to ENLARGE)




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love this idea - what did you use for the 'middle' to keep the heat transfer issue at bay?

Kathryn D. Duke said...

great use of selvages...I think I will try some...thanks for sharing your ideas..
Blessings, Kathy

http://quiltrestoration.blogspot.com