Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Selvage Potholders

If you are taking a break from your Thanksgiving dinner preparations, I thought you'd enjoy seeing these selvage pot-holders. They are quick and easy to make, perfect as little gifts for your quilting friends.

Start with a 9-inch square of muslin, and attach selvages. See http://www.selvagequilts.com/ for step-by step photos of this process. Then sandwich with backing and 3 layers of Warm and Natural quilt batting. I machine-quilted mine a little bit. Bind just like a quilt. Add a crocheted loop if you like.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tine said...

These are so nice!! I think I may be convinced to do a selvedge project of my very own, and not just look at what everyone else is sewing :)

gunnelsvensson said...

this are so very nice and cute!