Friday, June 12, 2009

Julie's Selvage Lanyard and Photo of Victoria, Aus.



Julie of Victoria, Australia made this pretty lanyard using ready made bias tape and bits of selvage with color windows. Some of the bias tape shows on the front because she didn't want to include the prints from all the fabrics, just the white stripe and the dots. Very nice, Julie.
See Julie's blog at: http://juliespp.blogspot.com/ It's full of interesting things to see.

Julie is a stay-at-home mom with a husband and two children (ages 5 and 1). They live on a small farm in rural Victoria. The photo below was on her blog and I thought you'd like to see it.
That sure looks different from where I live! Maybe we should have an exhibit of photos showing what it looks like in the areas of the world where we live! What do you think?

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Another totally unique use of the multi-purpose selvage! The ideas never end from creative minds.

I like your idea about gathering scenery shots from where selvages are being used. I'll let you know when I have a good one on my blog.

Jocelyn said...

Very clever use for selvages. Beautiful scenery from her end of the world.

Carrie P. said...

great idea!

Vero said...

What a great idea! I like this, so we can go all around showing others our passion for selvages.

cooking copy said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! lanyard design