Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Selvage Misprint and Winners Announced

Linda from Iowa (and the Flourishing Palms blog) sent me this photo of a selvage misprint. At first glance you might guess that it was a Bostonian using his phonics skills to spell "Garden," but then the whole name would be "Gaden Paddy," so that can't be it. Haha. Thanks, Linda.

A friend once told me that she and her husband were not up for pizza and beer because they were watching their "cobbs." Wha? You know, short for carbohydrates. Well duh.

Congratulations to the 3 winners of Quiltmaker's "100 Blocks:"
  1. Ulinkap in Poland. Szycie Uli.
  2. Judi in Virginia, Karate Quilter.
  3. Anya in Pennsylvania, Hills Creek Quilter.

More giveaways of beautiful quilting books coming soon. So stay tuned.


"Lois Grebowski" said...

They must not have a fabric spell-checker... LOL!

Congrats to the winners!!!

Judi said...

Thanks Mr. Random generator! I'm looking forward to getting mail!

Anya said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I doubt it is uncommon since much of our fabric is printed in non-English speaking countries.

I made a selvage check book cover yesterday with an Alexander Henry cobweb fabric that is printed as "on the weds" :)

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to the winners!
I am inspired to try something with selvedges, so after I get finished with the gifts I started, I can try my idea.