Saturday, March 5, 2011

Three Posts in One

Here's an eye-catching handbag for you! It's designed by Joao Sabino of Portugal.

This is a clever new invention, the Nubrella which protects you from wind as well as rain.

In a bing.com search for images of antique quilts, I found this beautiful sampler quilt. Each center square is surrounded by sawtooth and solid borders. The many striped fabrics used in the sawtooth triangles gives a distinctive look. I think it would be fun to make a scrappier and "wonkier" version of this quilt.

Have a creative day!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Last year my big project was that quilt. I made it bigger and less wonky. If you do a triangle madness search on my blog you'll see it. I've seen it several times and loved it. Several other quilters are working on it also.

Sujata Shah said...

always a treat1
Oh the quilt is jaw dropping gorgeous! I would love to make it.

antique quilter said...

The antique quilt of this was on display last year at Houston!
Kathie

Abby and Stephanie said...

The strips and solids are fantastic. Great quilt. Will you have your version done soon for us to see? :o)

Unknown said...

The purse is fun, but I am not sure that I can envision a mass of people walking around with the umbrella on their heads. But I do adore the quilt!!

June Calender said...

The original is pretty wonky! It's fun but all those triangles are for lovers of repetition. I'd go bonkers sewing so many triangles.

Nifty Quilts said...

Fun stuff. I could have used that rain thing yesterday. LOVE that quilt! I hope you'll make one.

Michele said...

The sawtooth borders were just the inspiration I needed today. Thanks! Love that purse too!

Tonya Ricucci said...

that is such a gorgeous quilt. love it.

Nicky said...

I don't usually like sampler quilts but I do like this one and want to see your wonky scrappy version please!

Nicky