Friday, July 8, 2011

Kim's Selvage Sewing Machine Cover


Kim Redlin from Phoenix, AZ has made a selvage cover for her sewing machine. Didn't it come out nice? She enjoyed arranging the selvages. Notice how she shows hardly any of the printed fabric? Everyone has their own signature style in selvage arranging. The periwinkle edging looks great too. Nice job, Kim!

P.S. Kim says it's been 115 degrees in Phoenix! That makes it hard to go anywhere, except the fabric store. In that case, she finds a way! I call it good sewing weather. :)

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for showing this, Karen. We can see how it really can be attractive on a large piece, to use the selvage without the print. Kim did a skillful job. Does Kim have a blog or website?

June Calender said...

Oh, I like that! I just might be insied.

Michele said...

Absolutely wonderful! I could read those selvages all day long!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I really need to do one of these guys. I may have enough selvages, but I can also intersperse them.......hmmm.

glen: thanks for showing

Needled Mom said...

Adorable!!!!

Jane Biles said...

I like Kim's cover a lot! It makes me want to make one! I'm saving selvages!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

That is the cutest cover!

LN in TX said...

OK - sewing machine cover is going on my list of things to make with my selvages. I love it!

Pat from Florida said...

Super idea!

De Ardis and Vera Davis said...

I KNOW Kim and not only is she super creative - she is a super awesome friend! I envy all her talent - and yes, summers here in Phx, are made for sewing, reading, surfing the internet, or anything else inside! WAY to go KIM!

Vera

www.somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com said...

Very cool project