Remember we recently admired a string quilt that I found on the Internet, and we decided to make a group quilt using 1.25" strips sewn together randomly in 55" widths? Well, here it is! Isn't it a beauty?
The quilters who participated in making this quilt are:
- Martina from Germany, Stufen Zum Gericht
- Darlene from Missouri, Dar's Patchwork Garden
- Janet from the Yukon Territory, Canada
- Michi from Austria, Michimachtdas
- Carolyn from Wisconsin
- Kym from the USA, Fabric Fascination
- Susan from Kansas
- Tina from Rhode Island, Seaside Stitches
- Carol from Michigan
- Helen from New Zealand
- Kim from New York, Pokeytown Kim
- Karen from Connecticut, Selvage Blog
With blocks coming from Down Under, the Arctic Circle, and many places in between, you see why I call it the World Quilt! It was so much fun to open all the packages and get this quilt together! It measures 54" x 70." The backing is a bubblegum pink print. The binding is a mixture of prints. The batting is "Warm and Natural" cotton, and it's machine quilted. Yup, awesome!
And now you can enter a random drawing to win this beautiful quilt just by leaving a comment on this post. Good luck!
UPDATE: This quilt now lives in Florida!