Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Something to Add to Selvage Quilts


This "love" tape could be mixed with selvages in a selvage quilt, don't you think? I found it at The Crafterie. It sells for $6.50 for 3 meters. All kinds of ribbons could be added to selvage quilts. Black and white would be nice. Have you used ribbons with selvages?

***

Here's what my sister Lynne in Vermont had to say about the dark plaid block:
I like the new dark tartan plaid square.  I pictured something way more subtle: navy background; stripes of dark green, deep red, maybe even black.  And very, very narrow stripes of brights/lights: yellow or orange.  But the black and white print?  That was a shocker!  Karen, you're always throwing a new twist on things!  I'm looking forward to seeing your new plaid quilt.  


5 comments:

Leeanne said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for all the sharing you do!

Kathi's Kreations said...

I use them when I make my selvage Christmas stockings ~ really adds a special touch!

unfinishedquilts said...

Never even thought of it! Have a whole basket (huge!lol) of ribbon and now I know what I will be doing this afternoon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelly W. - aka "Pippercat" said...

Shortly after 9/11 happened, I started a quilt for my husband's birthday the following year (his birthday is 9/12). While sewing it, and feeling very patriotic, I kept eating these delicious cherry flavored taffy candies with American flags in them. The bags they came in were tied with red, white & blue "USA" ribbons. They were too pretty to throw away, so ironed them out and saved them. As I was finishing a row of blocks a couple months later, it came up a little short, so I added those ribbons to the ends and it was perfect!

James Michael said...

Woodworking is an art and flags American Flags is a beautiful idea into making their designs.