Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pine Burr Update

 

Here's my progress so far. I will add sashing (maybe black and white). It will have 9 blocks total. And batting, even though this already weighs a ton. I don't want there to be any question about whether this is really a quilt in case I ever want to enter it in a quilt show. I'm considering the fabric on the right for the border. I know it's a little gaudy, but that's what makes it suitable for this quilt. Haha. The block in the lower right corner has some pine burrs made from striped fabric, in case you were wondering about the little navy blue and white lines. My favorite block (so far) is the one in the center. I hope to spend some time on this today too. My husband is hiking in the White Mountains this weekend. Good sewing time. :)

1 comment:

Nifty Quilts said...

I absolutely LOVE that border with these!