Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Melinda's New Selvage Projects


Melinda of Marietta, Georgia, is making some selvage items for guild holiday exchanges. This
table runner is for the Allatoona Guild. She's planning to use a striped fabric for the binding. I think that will be perfect. Don't you love that big polka dot in the middle? All those red prints are so cheery and festive, and the lime green splashes look great. Nice job, Melinda!


Here's what Melinda had to say about her selvage apron:

"I put premade bias binding around the edges and used Moda twill tape from jelly rolls and fat quarter packs as the ties. It is done unless I decide to add a pocket – not sure if I want to add one but it is ready to swap, with or without a pocket."

See her blog at: http://melinful.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Two wonderful ideas for selvage use!

Melinda said...

Thank you for showing my apron and table runner. I put a pocket on the apron and posted another photo today.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Great use of selvages. I love both of them.

Pat from Florida said...

These are so cute. I used to let my granddaughters have the ties from jelly rolls and FQ sets, but now I'm using mine with the selveges too! They are perfect with these projects.

Jenny said...

Great work, congratulations. I just love looking at all these selvage works of art. It mortifies me to thonk how many lovely selvages I have ripped off and thrown away in the past! I know better now, though.