- "Gee's Bend Look-Alike" Make a quilt that could pass for a Gee's Bend quilt.
- "If You Were a Quilt, What Would You Look Like?" Would all your points match, or would you have lots of embellishments? It's something to think about.
- "Modern Broderie Perse" Cut out images from printed fabric and applique them onto your quilt. (Any kind of applique.)
- "Quilts You Can Read" Put words on your quilt: pieced, applique, embroidered, printed on the fabric, written with pen, baby bracelet beads, whatever you want. Choose one word, or write out a quote, a message, names, places, lyrics, thoughts, anything.
- "Make Your Own Antique" Using whatever techniques you like, make a quilt that looks like an antique. We're not trying to fool anybody, just having fun.
- "Quits From the Future" Imagine what quilts will look like in 2060, then make one.
- "Self-Portrait" A playful version of yourself done in fabric, fibers, etc. Just 12" square.
- None of the above. Keep thinking. (It's okay to say this. You can still win a prize.)
Leave a comment telling which idea(s) you like best, or none of the above.
On Friday I'll pick 2 winners at random who will receive a charm pack or a package of selvages, whichever you prefer. Just a little thank you for your help.
11:38PM - Winners were just chosen. Thanks so much.