Saturday, June 29, 2013

Selvage Art by Sigrid from Germany


 

Take a look at these creative mug rugs and place mats made by Sigrid in Germany. She uses selvages from  a fabric collection in each project. Shown here are:
1. Mug Rug Anni Downs "Favourite Things"
2. Mug Rug Lynette Anderson "Secret Garden"
3. Place Mats and Mug Rugs: Judie Rothermel " The Civil War Chronicles" 

You can see more on her blog: Sigisart



So much text on these place mats. Nice work, Sigrid!


I love it when bloggers show what it looks like in their part of the world. This is Eifel in May. Sigrid likes nature and as you can see she has some beautiful photography on her blog. 

And look at her amazing quilt! She had it professionally quilted. Wow, I love it. Enjoy Sigisart!





5 comments:

sigisart said...

Oh my god!!! I´m blown away!!! Your so kind! I send you the fotos just for fun and now I see such a huge post concerning me and my blog!!!
Thanks a lot and have a beautiful day.
Hugs from Germany (and "The Eifel" is not far away from Cologne)
sigisart

FabricFascination said...

Gorgeous work!

Kathleen C said...

Sigrid does lovely work-her selvage projects are cute and her applique is wonderful.
Karen, I always enjoy your posts and photos.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Incredible! I love her part of the world! Thanks Sigrid!

Kim said...

Lovely work and ideas..so many talented quilters out there!

Happy Sewing