Monday, June 17, 2013

Thelma's Red and White Quilt!


Thelma of the Cupcakes and Daisies blog made this fabulous red and white quilt a while back, but I just saw the photo for the first time and want to show you in case you missed it too. She was inspired by the exhibit in New York City a few years ago: Infinite Variety. This is a sampler quilt of sorts. The quilts overlap, except for the tree in the middle. I love this quilt! Beautiful work, Thelma!

*** You can now see the Infinite Variety exhibit on YouTube! ***

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love this quilt, on her blog you can see the whole process of how she made it. I thought for a while she might write the pattern for it but when I asked she didn't think so :0(. I think she capture the feel of the show beautifully. I feel so lucky that I got to be there and see if for myself, don't you?

Happy Sewing

regan said...

I'm going to go back and check out her posts on this. She did an amazing job! I love the overlapping. And I'm with Kim....I feel SO lucky to have seen the exhibit in person. It was incredible!

sallgood said...

What a great quilt! I went to Infinite Variety in NY and I was blown away by it. I put that show on my top ten art experiences list!!

This quilt really captures the feel of that inspiring show. (Has anyone heard if the show has a tour scheduled, or a book? I know there was talk of both at the time.)

electricdunce said...

wonderful quilt, it is impossible to go wrong with red and white, thanks for sharing this one

Helen said...

Yes, this quilt captures the feel of the Infinite Variety show beautifully!

Miriam said...

A beautiful quilt!!! Congratulations to Thelma.