Sunday, July 27, 2014

Are You in Boston Today?


Visit the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to see the Pilgrim Roy quilt collection. I visited yesterday and the exhibit was wonderful. Today is the last day. Also, if you go to the museum Cafe, I recommend the Honey Cake. It has blueberries, lime sauce, and whipped cream. Yum!

The entire exhibit is pictured in the book: Quilts and Color. The photos are very good. 



This familiar quilt was part of the exhibit. It's a pineapple/windmill blades log cabin. The rooms had low lighting and the spotlights made the quilts glow. So beautiful!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I went - yesterday! Everything you said - ditto! What a wonderful show! I wish I could go again. Well worth the time and $.

June Calender said...

I went Thursday, thought I had missed this show. I went specifically to see the Wyeth show (just opened) -- delighted that I hadn't missed this show -- beautifully hung and lighted, beautiful, apparently perfect, quilts. How lucky I was not to have missed it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lynne and I spent a day at the show in June -absolutely fabulous!

Selvage Quilter said...

June,
Thanks for mentioning "apparently perfect." Many of them definitely were perfect, but I took a close look and some of the quilts were made by "liberated quilters." For example, the green and pink diamond quilt had sawtooth borders that just ran off the edges. It didn't look primitive. I think your eye adjusts for things like this sometimes. I'll try to find a photo of this quilt so I can post it. Glad you got to see the exhibit!

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Jodi,
I wonder if I saw you there! It was a pretty busy place.