Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Edda's Red Selvage Star Quilt

I'm so excited about Edda's new selvage quilt! Isn't this a beauty? I love how the star sparkles on the delicious red background. This and several more of her quilts will be in the Cal-Co show this weekend in the Battle Creek, MI area. Selvage newbies are in for a nice surprise!

This quilt measures 34" x 34." She had all the reds in her stash and she used leftover batting, so this quilt didn't cost her a cent! Her inspiration was the "Twilight Star" quilt in my book, "Quilts from the Selvage Edge." (It really isn't hard, especially for such a cool-looking quilt.)

14 comments:

Dree said...

That is amazing!

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks fabulous!

LisaG said...

OMG I love it, it's wonderful.

Unknown said...

Really beautiful!! You have inspired many, Karen!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Just wonderful!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Spectacular and I just love how it pops with the rich red background.

The Cozy Quilter said...

That selvage star just jumps off the quilt with the red background. Thanks for another inspirational post! Gail

Patty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous!

Sara said...

Wow! I want to make that exact quilt for myself.

JoAnne in southern California said...

Edda's quilt is fabulous!

Jill said...

Fantastic! It occured to me that it was very appropriate for today, since tonight at sundown the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah begins, and what a lovely star!!!
You made my day even more special!!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

I love it!!!! Fantastic!!!

Corky said...

Looks similar to mine!