Friday, September 10, 2010

Lovely Selvage Gift!


I just received the nicest gifts from Joan of Smyrna, Georgia. She made a selvge cover for this quilter's notebook ("needlework companion"/idea book) and a selvagey bookmark. Aren't they beautiful? Thank you, Joan!



The little button closure is covered by this happy face resting on two yoyo-like flowers. It makes my heart smile :-) Also notice the red zig-zag stitching along the selvage edges. A nice touch.



A selvage near the happy face says "Blank Quilting." This one always makes me chuckle. It's like "flavorless chocolate." What's the point? Lol. Perfect, I like that one. Another good selvage is the "Girlfriends" below. I hope fabric manufacturers will give us more selvages with "useable" words on them, like "Happy Birthday," or phrases, quotes, lyrics, names, places...anything.



Thank you, Joan. Aren't quilters thoughtful?

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Wonderful gift.

And I so want to learn to make those cheerful fabric flowers. Very cute. Just make you want to smile!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Joan is a very generous lady indeed. I've been lucky enough to enjoy her generosity in the past as well. I just love the gifts she has made for you. What very suitable presents and very one of a kind.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What thoughtful gifts.

FlourishingPalms said...

I want to be Joan! She's a giving, thoughtful person. I try. There aren't enough hours in the day to share gifts with ALL my friends. God has richly blessed me with special people... and you too, Karen, it appears!

Molly said...

What nice gifts! I love it when you share smaller projects. Have a great weekend!

Joan said...

Thank you for the kind words. But I was only repaying Karen for all the delightful inspiration from her blog.

Irina said...

this is a beautiful little project and gift! they're so well made and so tastefully!

Irina said...

excuse my English! I meant tasteful...

Zafran ali said...

Really beautiful i love it thank,s for great job & great post.nice gift i like it.Send Flowers Pakistan