Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Penny's New Tile Quilt

Penny from the Sew Take A Hike blog just finished this tile quilt. It's machine appliqued and hand quilted (which she says almost threw her over the edge). See how she quilted around some of the polka dots in the border? And I like the red polka dots in the tile section too. The nice big spaces between her "tiles" gives a light, airy feel to this quilt. Very modern. Great job!

Penny was inspired by Amanda Jean's "Ticker Tape" quilt. See the tutorial on Sew Mama, Sew.

7 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

I just love it!!! Love the border you picked and I think it's adorable. I want to make one now. Thanks for sharing this with us. Just lovely. Steph

Jodi said...

Looks beautiful and somewhat whimsical! Fun!

Unknown said...

Hmmm... looks familiar and terrific!

Maggey and Jim said...

Really nice and love how the colors pop!! Great job.
Maggey

Trudi said...

What a beauty! Love it! AAnd what a great job she made of the quilting too!

Netta said...

Ohhhh! It's wonderful! Love the quilting!

SewDownunder said...

Just to let you know that it is always fun to visit your blog! I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award, because you make me smile. Plse visit my blog for details!