Friday, April 15, 2011

Red and White Pieced Quilts - Part 1


This quilt is similar to the one that my Mom liked, but it's a different quilt. Imagine sewing this design? It might drive me to drink.


The pinwheel style quilt below looks like a Dr. Seuss version. Little squares appear to be perched on each wing of the pinwheel. Lots of motion there.










Don't these quilts make you want to run to your sewing machine and get busy? I have two in the works at the moment. I'll show you what I've come up with when this review of "Infinite Variety" is finished. Still more pieced quilts to come, then a post featuring star quilts.

8 comments:

Leeanne said...

In case I haven't said thank you....THANKYOU!

Nancy said...

These are beautiful. I couldn't get there to see the show and really enjoy the vicarious experience!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I wish I could have gone to this show! Thanks for sharing these quilts with us. The pictures are the next best thing to being there. Gail

Nedra said...

I can't even tell you how much I am enjoying these red and white quilts. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lynn said...

I want to thank you for all of the posts you have done so far on the red and white quilt exhibit in New York. There was no way I could get there, even though I do know several Nebraskans that did fly out for the show. Keep the photos coming, especially for those of us not lucky enough to get to attend!

Sara said...

Each one is a work of art. And my favorite colors too!

Unknown said...

Striking colour scheme!
Have a sweet day!

JoAnne in southern California said...

You certainly did a great job of photographing the quilts, Karen, thank you so much!