Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dinah's New Selvage Quilt, Oh My!



Dinah Snyder of Crawfordsville, IN, has just finished her second selvage quilt. Isn't it beautiful? This is a big quilt; it measures 88" x 88." She used the quilt-as-you-go method, quilting each block individually, then attaching them together. Each block is 11" x 11." The background was made using three different yellows from her stash, so this project required no new fabrics. And Dinah says that after making two big selvage quilts, her selvage stash is as big as ever. This is one of the mysteries of selvage quilting!

To see Dinah's first selvage quilt, click here.

12 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Ahh, that is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

So chic ! Is it because of the choice of these nude and golden beige colors ? Here, less is more, I love it !
Katell, France

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! It is amazing to see how so many people interpret selvage quilts so differently.

Mickierae said...

Wow! She cut all her selvages the same width! Mine are all over the ball park in width so I mainly use them for string pieced type projects where the width does not matter. I will have to start thinking about what width I am cutting them.

June Calender said...

Really wonderful! All the selvages the same width -- I envy that. Well over half my selvages were given to me an the width vary LOTS. This makes me think of saving the ones all the same, perhaps inch and a half, aside so that eventually I could do something like this -- but not so big. The use of different colors in the background was brilliant.

Sue said...

I agree, "My, Oh My", that is a beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

*drool* I am so amazed every time I come to this blog, and see what people are doing with selvages! I've been saving them for about a year and I am excited to start on something with them. I am so amazed at all the different, original ideas people have to include the selvages!

PeggyinNO said...

Very clever design!!! Such a stunning quilt. I guess I really need to get busy and make something with all the selvages I have accumulated in the past couple of years!!

MariQuilts said...

So beautiful!!!

JoAnne in southern California said...

So pretty!

FabricFascination said...

Gorgeous quilt! I like the way she used selvages, that method is new to me.

WoolenSails said...

That is definitely a wow, wonderful quilt and design.

Debbie