Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chairs from Istanbul, Turkey


I was browsing for unique chairs and found interior decorator Jo Supara Tarakci's Name Design Studio on Etsy. She's from Thailand, now living in Istanbul, Turkey. The cost of shipping a big chair like the one above to the US is about $500. But the fun of browsing is that you don't have to be concerned with practicalities like that, right? I'm showing some pretty wild things here lately; what's happening to me? I think it's going to start showing up in my quilts. Stay tuned!



7 comments:

FabricFascination said...

These are fabulous. I would love one in my sewing room, although it is crowded enough in there.

Banaghaisge said...

OOOOH, moans of all sorts of things, some of them not suitable for a sewing blog!!!! I have got The Snuggle Chair (from when my boys were little!) and it is demanding to be recovered. Something like this will be a wonderful way to go! Thank you for finding them (and $500 shipping is cheap I reckon from Thailand to the US, be less than excess baggage if you flew home with it!) Happy Christmas to you, too. Hugs, Jasmine

Kim said...

How fun would this be to have in my living room.... how yummy.

All this wild stuff must be looking down the road to how close you are to a BIG birthday that is making you color crazy :0). ( I know how you feel.)

Happy Sewing and Merry Christmas

Annie said...

Aren't those the funnest chairs ever?!!

Aliceart said...

Oooooh, they're wonderful! I want one with all the unreasonableness of a child. Rats.

Aliceart said...

Oooooh, they're wonderful! I want one with all the unreasonableness of a child. Rats.

JoAnne in southern California said...

I love them! My husband makes wood furniture. I asked him to paint a chair like that second one and he asked me to make cushions for our Morris Chairs that look like the first one. Hmm, how to start?