Thursday, December 1, 2011

Writer's Quilt With Kanji


This is the Writer's Quilt, the latest in my $25 DOLL Quilt series. It measures 14.5" x 17." It has calligraphy, dictionary text, handwriting script, and postage stamps. The main feature is the Kanji writing on the dark taupe background.
Kanji was invented by the Chinese and adopted by the Japanese around the mid 6th century AD. This fragment of text means "pertaining to 3 matters or issues." There is also the number 9. This according to Selvage Blog readers who answered by query. You are all so smart!

I added the little cartoon dogs just for fun, aren't they cute? I'm having fun digging through my stash and making these little collections. Asian quilts are next. Then one featuring food.





4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those dogs give this quilt personality! I like your backing fabric too.

Quilt Rat said...

Simple, Elegant and beautiful!!!! I really love the addition of the postage stamp fabric in there :-)

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Being somewhat of a new writer I really love this. Great!

Anonymous said...

I like your works, they are really beautiful, i congratulete them
bye
Josefina
tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com