Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Finished Quilt!


This is my first finish since I got serious about finishing my quilt tops yesterday. So far, so good.


The African fabrics were collected on my trips to New York City's Garment District. The backing isn't African, but I think it's compatible. (Above) The white is Kona cotton. Details here.



This quilt is one of a series that was inspired by a quilt made in Zambia by a women's collective called "Lazy Lion," below. I haven't looked at this photo in a year. Now that I'm reminded of how pretty it looks, I may try again. But not until I finish more tops!



6 comments:

Marylh said...

Karen, what a great pattern. Fabulous way to use up stash!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely. I really enjoy your blog and your designs!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great way to show off those fabrics. Love it!

Julianne said...

I like I like I like! Hey, I have a question for you..some of my selvages have little holes in them, do you use them that way?

Unknown said...

Very cool!!!!

Selvage Quilter said...

Julianne,
Yup, I use 'em all.
I'm sending you an email about this.
Karen