Monday, November 19, 2012

Quilt Top Finishes



Here are 2 of my latest quilt top finishes: one shown above, and one shown below. These measure about 47" x 47." The backings are Kaffe Fassett prints. I'm listing them as "wall quilts/baby quilts." The fabrics are a mix of florals and geometrics, not juvenile prints, but I think they'd be pretty for a baby girl. 

When my first son was born, my sister Lynne thought the baby sweaters in the stores were too babyish (duh!) so she knitted a navy and white striped sweater that she thought had a more  masculine look. It did look sharp on the little guy too. Now he's 29, and 6'5" tall. I wonder if she's going to knit him a sweater for Christmas!



Yesterday I finished this scrap quilt (below). It reminds me of the World Quilt that we made earlier this year (see sidebar). It's got everything: retro, modern, florals, dots, novelty prints...even some cute dogs. The quilt measures 45" x 57." The strips were cut 1.25" wide. Binding was made from 5 different prints, in keeping with the "scrap" theme. There are 220 pieces total, in case you were wondering.  :)



5 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

All beautiful quilts! My favorite is the last one. I love the way you switched the direction of the strips.

June Calender said...

I absolutely love scrap quilts. These are a delight. I spent the last few days piecing a Chinese coin quilt, using up scraps of all sorts as you've done. But I'll never be ambitious enough to so the little triangles on the stripping. Very effective and enviable.

Nedra said...

More great incentives to use up scraps!
Thanks for the Show and Tell

Pam said...

Love it! You're on a roll!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful finishes!! Just like I like them bright and bold! Happy Thanksgiving!