Friday, November 9, 2012

Election Day Quilt Update


Here's my Election Day quilt top, displayed on a white design wall. (The binding will touch the little green triangles.) It measures 60" x 74." This quilt was made from Kona white and bits of all the light green/lime/chartreuse scraps in my stash. There are a few solids, but most are prints. This was inspired by the new "modern" quilts. It was going to be more simple, but I got carried away enjoying all the prints, and I love the look of all the little triangles.


Here are 2 scenes from the center of Litchfield, CT where I live. Just as the snowstorm was getting started, I made a quick trip to the post office (white building above). Then I turned around and got a photo of the Historical Society. This was the first snowfall, so I was really enjoying it. We got 6" of snow before it ended. Good quilting weather.


9 comments:

Annelies said...

I do love your quilt !
Looking at the snow I hope it stays away for a long time.

Kim said...

Are those some "dangling chads" in the top right hand corner? :0)

Lovely quilt, so bright and clean.

Not ready for snow!
Luckily, we only got 4 inches
and it was gone by today and 60 degree temps are on the way!

Happy Sewing

patty a. said...

The quilt is beautiful! I ohio it is sunny and 40 degrees - perfect weather for working outside and going for a long walk.

Nifty Quilts said...

Another beautiful quilt by you!

electricdunce said...

I love that quilt! It is really a knockout...

Karin

Dar said...

Very pretty election day quilt. I think that is a great way to use up controlled scraps from your stash. You did good!! I'm glad you have the snow. We had 70 degrees today and tomorrow it supposed to be 72 -- then on Sunday our winter is coming in. That's the Midwest type of winter!!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I love this pattern. I made a gray one like this for my son, but didn't put the triangles around it. I like yours so much better. :)

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

"I was going to make it more simple..." Thanks for my first laugh of the day, Sharyn

Cindy Cooksey said...

It looks great! So fresh, love the greens.