Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pine Burr Quilt!

This awesome quilt is the creation of Nifty Quilts
Each "pine burr" is made from a 3" square, 
folded twice on the diagonal, and each block has about 144 burrs. 
Follow the link to Nifty's blog to see how to do this. 
I think the floral fabric in the outer border is just perfect!
The sashing is denim. Oh Nifty, you rock!
The Pine Burr Quilt is the official state quilt of Alabama
Gee, I wonder if Connecticut has an official state quilt. 


Mayleen said...

I love this quilt and wish I had time to make one! Unfortunately, Kansas does not have a state quilt. I'm quite impressed that some states do!

Linda said...

Connecticut's state quilt should be SELVAGE, of course!

Quilteuse Forever said...

It is such a wonderful quilt! It must be even more interesting in real with its 3D effect... It is a quilt that brings joy and warmth at home, a genuine masterpiece, bravo LeeAnn !

Kim said...

No one does it like LeeAnn, she turns recycled into beauty time and time again:0), I think she has a great color sense too.
Another great Nifty creation!

Happy Sewing

Nifty Quilts said...

Thank you for featuring this quilt, Karen! It really is a fun stash-eater. I hope many of your readers will try it. I agree, the Connecticut state quilt should be selvedge!

Judy said...

What a neat quilt design! I wish that I could see it in person....

Jean(ie) said...

It is also a traditional quilt design of the Lumbee Indian Nation (a sizable tribe in NC). I love it!

electricdunce said...

Thjat is one dazzling creation, I have to try that one of these days. the colors are just so vibrant, what a treat to see.


burun estetigi said...

Thanks a lot for posting such an Informative blog. burun esteti─či