Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Finish: Diamond Dish Quilt


You've seen the pattern for Diamond Dish. Now the quilt is finally finished, as a result of my "getting serious" about completing quilt tops. 


 If you are a new quilter, you might be interested to see what a "hanging sleeve" is. (Above) It goes on to the top edge of the quilt before the binding is added. The sleeve puffs out a little so that the quilt hangs nice and flat when the curtain rod (or dowel) is in there. Otherwise you'd see a bulge. I always show a photo like this so Etsy viewers can see how easy it is to hang a quilt on the wall.


Yup, this quilt is now listed in my Etsy store. More photos there.


Happy quilting!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

It looks great Karen.

patty a. said...

Another beautiful piece!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

The orange is a perfect background! Love it!

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your simple, wavy lines quilting. It gives me permission to quilt more of mine this way.