Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Barb's Whooville Selvage Quilt



Look at this whimsical selvage house (and tree) quilt by Barb from Northern New Jersey. It's called "Whooville." Didn't she do a wonderful job? The more I look at it, the more things I find to admire. To name just a few: the monkey in the window, the cat on the chimney, and the selvage strips placed askew in the tree. The background fabric looks like a snowy night to me, nice choice. Black and white fabrics are perfect with bright prints and selvages. Yayyy, Barb!
See Barb and Mary's blog: www.funwithbarbandmary.blogspot.com, and you'll see why they named it that. They have an awesome blog.

12 comments:

Vals Quilting said...

I love Whooville stuff and the movie and Dr Suess - what fun! I'm still trying to save my selvages and hopefully ONE day I'll be able to send you some pics - that maybe in the very distant future lol but I sure do admire them so :)
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

Karen said...

It's fantastic!

Michele said...

What a neato quilt! I could stare at it for hours! Thanks for the blog link. Another one to add to my morning read. Your quilt in Liberated Quiltmaking II is so pretty! Congrats!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Absolutely CUTE!!!

Barb said...

Thanks, Karen for the wonderful post on "whooville"!
I love the variety and inspiration your blog serves up almost every day.
Barb

Unknown said...

That quilt is just adorable!! I love it!

SewAmy said...

how cute.

Pat from Florida said...

Way cool!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

So cute. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I can't wait to start my selvage project, but I need more selvages first!!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Thank you for sharing that quilt! I hit the gals blog, and spent so much time there! Those gals are talented beyond belief!

Darlee said...

Everything is coming up selvages... what inspiring ideas!!