Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Enjoying This Book

Marilynne Robinson's book "Gilead" is a real treat. It's written as a letter/memoir from an elderly father to his young son, to be read when the son is older. Remember the New Year's Eve post here on the Selvage Blog? We were talking about this exact idea. Oh, I wish I could write like Marilynne Robinson! She teaches at the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop and she won the Pulitzer Prize for this book. No surprise there! Just read the first page and you'll be hooked. Here's the link to amazon where it's rated 4 (of 5) stars by 344 reviewers:

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Many thanks for the recommendation. Looks like my kind of read!

Unknown said...

Book recommendations are always welcome. I will check this one out. My current read is The Help. I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Selvage Quilter said...

Jackie, I'm on the waiting list at the library for The Help!

FlourishingPalms said...

Thanks for the book recommendation: "Gilead." I was able to go to my local library, online, and download it to my Ipod! From the comfort of my computer chair, and for free! How much better can it get!?