Monday, January 18, 2010

Inspiration for Quilters

Does this sort of display make you want to start a new quilt? If this was my thread collection, I'd take all the spools out of the rack and rearrange them in a more pleasing way. Then I'd take a photo and rearrange them again. Some good music and a cup of tea, and I'd be happy all afternoon. Yes this would be a very expensive peg-board toy. I don't even want to know the price.

This photo would make a nice poster for my quilt room. I have a high-resolution image; maybe I'll make some. And it does make me want to start a new quilt. (What doesn't?)

13 comments:

Colleen said...

It is an inspiring photo -- but I'd have to crop out those crooked spools!

Joan said...

I don't have a problem with inspiration... just with not enough hours in a day. Can you work on that next, please? :)

Unknown said...

Oh yes, color, color and more color! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Sewer's legos! LOL!

Unknown said...

You made me start heater in my sewing room :)

Amy said...

I'm with Colleen, the crooked spools would drive me nuts!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

A rainbow of color!

Kucki68 said...

I especially like the pulled out spools.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Yum Yum. Every time I go to Mettler's thread cache I want to put the blues together. I'm sure they have a logical reason for separating them...but hanged if I know what it is.

Mettler 60wt. is my thread of choice for applique, I have a delicious selection :)

NadineC said...

Ok...I'm curious - how would you arrange these in a more pleasing way? I do that all the time...and am seriously interested in how you would spend copious amounts of time (that you could be sewing, LOL!) arranging them?????

Selvage Quilter said...

Nadine -
I'd put the yellows in the middle for starters. Then I'd have to see what hit me. But you bring up a good point, that would take up valueable sewing time!
Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm with Colleen and Asheridan on this, those crooked spools are just itching to be straightened!! Beautiful image though, I could happily look at this for hours!

GardenOfDaisies said...

These quilts are just too too fun! And to think I have been tossing selvages all these years!