Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2010 Selvage Sampler Quilt by Riel Nason

This fabulous "2010 Selvage Sampler" quilt is the creation of Riel Nason, a writer, antique dealer, and selvage quilter extraordinaire from New Brunswick, Canada. This quilt is her own design. She free-pieced it without a pattern. Riel says it took her about 2 months to make it and she had fun making it. You can read more and see additional photos on her blog: The Q and the U.

This quilt was machine quilted by Tina Hanson of Town and Country Quilts. She quilted with a swirly design that looks great.

I love all the different ways Riel pieced the blocks! The butterfly in the bottom photo is one of my favorites.





17 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Amazing! She had a lot of fun with this!

Bluebell said...

I can't belive she did this in two months there is so much work it would have taken me forever the colours are brilliant.
Jill

Millie said...

Outstanding! Gives me lots of ideas!

Quilts and Cats said...

That is simply unbelievable!

Unknown said...

So beautiful!! Yet another talented selvage quilter!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful quilt. Love the orange sashing. The butterfly is a great idea, too.

Michele said...

So amazing! I love the house block.

Linda said...

One word: WOW

Quiltdivajulie said...

This quilt is absolutely wonderful ... love the variety of blocks and how well each element was handled ... GREAT WORK!!!

Major kudos to the maker!

Poppyprint said...

Wow!!! Felicitations Riel!

Carrie P. said...

Very cool!

Jill said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love the colors, heart and butterfly.

Riel Nason said...

Thanks for totally brightening my day everyone! All this positive feedback is awesome! Riel Nason

Three Crafty Ladies said...

such a beautiful quilt! Inspiring - I want to collect selvage to quilt with!

Judee said...

That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. I also love the butterfly block. I may have to try to make it with strips to go in my "Butterfly" quilt. Nevermind that I haven't started it, I've been thinking about it for several years. That block may just move me to start it. Thanks for sharing both the quilt and that block. ~Nita

Mary said...

Riel is an amazing quilter and her blog is fun, too :-) She's only bee qulting a year and already quilts a hundred times better than I do! So creative.