Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Selvage Bags from Crystelle Boutique

Marijke Mill made this fabulous selvage bag featuring a big selvagey flower on the flap and giant pom-pom fringe around the edge. Wow, I love it!

Take a look at Mrijkie's blog Crystelle Boutique to see her selvage bags, things she makes using potato bags (like valances, using a rake for a curtain rod!), interesting finds like the furniture below and more. Marijke is originally from the Netherlands, but now lives in Idaho (hence the potatao bag fabric).

And best of all, one of Marijke's selvage bags is featured on the cover of the new issue of Haute Handbags magazine. Congratulations, Marikje!


This bag also features a big, fancy selvage flower and leaf. Perfect. If you like to make bags, be sure to take a look at this magazine. It's full of creative new ideas.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

OregonPatchWorks said...

Great job....Good creativity of yours....i like it.....!!
Embroidery

Sujata Shah said...

Karen,

I just went on the site for the furniture. I am speechless. But i am going to keep writing...LOL..
The coolest furniture pieces ever!

I am so inspired to make something like that! Thank you soooo much for sharing.. I see, I have been missing out on lot of good things!

Crystelle Boutique said...

Wow! I just happened upon this post! Thanks so much for blogging about little me....
Don't know what to say...
I am speechless! You are very kind to me!
Marijke